There are so many memories from my G B Pant days that picking one or two from this Pandora’s box is - mushkil hi nahi namumkin hai.  I still go back into those days and derive pleasure through nostalgic tools. Some memories which I would like to share today mainly revolve around the magical room which was fortunately assigned to us as duty room. It’s entrance was in the corridor leading to the 16 bedded ICU. We tried our best to steal some time from our schedule to just sneak into that room and engage ourselves into the ongoing discussions about everything one can think of.
 There were 2 beds and few chairs in there but effectively only one bed was available for most of the times as one of my colleague Ram Singh used to transform into Aram Singh after entering the magical room and not respecting the concept of day and night used to slip into deep slumber filling the room with pleasant sonic vibrations. We admired Aram Singh not only for his carefree attitude but also for the melodious background he used to provide us to feel comfortable in those stressful (especially if you are on call that night) residency days.
We used to enjoy the different shades of entry of Om Prakash alias OP (one of our colleague) into this room. We could make out that Bale Miyan (one of the various nicknames given to him) is in euphoric mood on hearing Bollywood songs emanating from his mouth. I don’t want to recall those entries of him where one could easily make out that he has undergone the process of OPification (I won’t disclose this phenomenon but this is the essence of any residency program).
 I still remember the huge multicompartmental lunch box of Amit Batla alias Mahakaay matching his physical size. We used to feast quite ungently upon this lunchbox of Amit leaving very little for this big very gentle gentleman.
There are so many stories …so many memories….Batla units…Khilkhil…Thakur Saab…Battera……………..

I wish we all could assemble once again in that room and relive all those wonderful moments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog